Standing at the Crossroads of Cloud Migration
Millions of enterprises stand at the cloud crossroads and looking for both hands-on software and expert migration guidance. There are literally hundreds of suppliers addressing select pieces of cloud migration.
A recent survey of IT management at large U.S. enterprises by research firm IDG shows the following:
- 73% of organizations have at least one application, or a portion of their computing infrastructure already in the cloud – 17% plan to do so within the next 12 months.
- The average cloud budget is up from $1.62 million in 2016 to $2.2 million in 2018. This does change by company size with enterprise organizations investing $3.5 million and SMBs investing $889,000 (which is up from $286K in 2016).
- More than one third of respondents (38%) shared that the IT department feels pressure to migrate 100% to the cloud.
- Organizations are utilizing a mix of cloud delivery models. Currently the average environment is 53% non-cloud, 23% SaaS, 16% IaaS and 9% PaaS; however, will evolve to only 31% non-cloud within 18 months.
- 42% of organizations are using multi cloud. The top two benefits of a multi cloud strategy are increased cloud options (59%) and easier and faster disaster recovery (40%).
Remend products take a complete cloud migration approach from self-service DIY Software Asset Management (SAM) audit software to adding quarterly drift management to complete managed service including remediation and/or optimization.